sábado, 6 de novembro de 2010

♪Bob Dylan driving in Santa Monica, 1978

Comments: I was a nut about Bob Dylan when I was a teenager. I would follow any and all leads to try and get photos of him. He was kind of the Howard Hughes of Rock And Roll and because you never saw photos of him, that made the pictures valuable to magazines around the world. The best part was that he hated to have his photo taken. Kind of like, you are stealing my sole BS.
Actually, the very best part was that he was a fucking god and I grew up on his cosmic music. I still listen to Tambourine Man all the time. “Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, Let me forget about today until tomorrow”. It just does not get any better than this.
I took this photo in 1978 and I had a tip that Dylan was recording in Santa Monica. I cut school and waited all of about fifteen minutes and then magic! Bobbie arrived in the flesh driving a cool jag. He did not have a clue that I was taking photos until he walked into the studio.
I do not go to his concerts anymore. It just is not the same.
Photo Credits: Brad Elterman

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário